Yep, that's how I feel right now. These past few weeks have been way hectic and I've had to remember so much that my brain isn't really working like it should. I have had some super spacey moments lately. At any given moment I have a million thoughts running through my head; what I need to get done, what I need to buy, what I have left to do in the house, tips and information I have heard, stuff for my Okinawa bucket list. My mind is a crazy place right now. So if you want to stick around, here are some random thoughts you might find interesting.
But first, head on over to visit Elizabeth at Army Ever After where I am guest posting on reintegration today! Her blog is great and fellow military spouses may find my tips helpful!
- Driving on the left side of the road really hasn't been that difficult. This may be due to the fact that I don't know my right from my left anyway. I think it's hereditary. I am still getting used to the turn signal being on the other side of the steering wheel. Let's just say, my windshield wipers are always going.
- I have an incredibly good sense of direction. I already know my way around. I need to remember to be patient with Jake because it takes most people a couple of months to figure it all out.
- The trash system here is crazy. You need a PhD to even figure it out.
- Okinawans are the nicest people I have EVER met.
- My hair is constantly crazy and usually in a pony tail due to the heat and humidity here. This is coming from a girl from the south. I am ready for some cool weather.
- The Japanese do everything very efficiently. I dig it.
- They don't skimp on countertops here. Mine are a beautiful white stone. Unfortunately, they stain really easily.
- I have no idea how to keep tile floors clean. Suggestions?
- Groceries here way less expensive than I thought they were going to be.
- This may sound so American and Generation Y, but I am going to miss having cable. Go ahead, judge me.
- I've started cutting coupons. I will probably be over it in a day like the last 5 times I've tried it.
- I can't wait to start a garden! I know I sound like an old maid.
- I ate ice cream for dinner last night. Bad idea.
- I keep forgetting where I am when I wake up in the morning.
- I have a weird urge to build things. Some one get this girl some power tools.
- Tsunamis are my new biggest fear. Oh that, and the banana spiders that run around here. They are bigger than my hand.
- Jake is now in serious "prepper" mode. I don't know if I should be annoyed or happy.
If you read all of that, you may be my new best friend. Thanks for letting me get some of my thoughts out of my head so I can make room for more! Next week I will have some exciting posts, like the house hunting process and the car buying process. Come back next week if you want some tips!