Friday again! Today I am linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday. Friday's are always great, but today is very bittersweet. It is my last day in Charleston and tomorrow I have to say goodbye to my parents as we prepare for our move to Okinawa. Here are 5 highlights of my last week in Charleston.
1. Jake graduated from MOS school! He is now official! So proud of you Jake! Sorry for the picture quality. I told Jake to take some pictures and this is what I got.
Jake and his roommate. See you in Oki Kev!
Jake celebrated by doing some backyard fishing. Yes, the alligator stalked him the entire time.
2. Jake and I are reunited after 3 months! I was very lucky to be able to see him almost every weekend, but it will be nice to actually live in the same state and same house again. We are so excited to be back together, but it does take some adjustment. We are used to having a whole bed to ourselves.
3. We had a graduation celebration for Jake and a goodbye Charleston dinner with Lowcountry boil and cheesecake.
4. We went to our favorite place, Taco Boy, downtown for lunch. We drove around downtown for a bit to say goodbye.
5. We headed to the beach with the dog early this morning for a walk. Lexie loves running at the beach and playing in the water. It was a beautiful morning, even if we did get attacked by an angry mob of mosquitos. We went to Cafe Medley on Sullivan's Island afterwards.
Today we are finishing packing, laying by the pool, and then going to the Hootie and the Blowfish concert with my parents. Tomorrow morning we will hop in the car and drive 8 hours to Kentucky to spend some time with our friends and family. I have really enjoyed my summer with my parents in Charleston. It will be so hard to say goodbye, but we are so ready to get to Okinawa!
Until next time,