It’s Friday! (cue Rebecca Black song). This weekend is my last weekend here in Charleston. I have no major plans, but it will be nice to just relax and hang out with my parents. It has been raining like crazy here and has actually been kind of cold. I would say it makes me excited for fall, but I don’t think “fall” will be quite the same in Okinawa.
Anyway, here are some thoughts for the week
1. I finally tried shrimp and grits! It sounds weird, but it is a lowcountry classic. I had wanted to try it forever, but just hadn’t found the right place. Last night, my mom and I were at Long Point Grill after getting our hair done and decided to split it. It did not disappoint! I definitely recommend trying shrimp and grits if you are ever in the area!
2. I have had Let Her Go by Passenger on repeat all week long. You’ve probably heard it, because it has been on the radio quite a lot. If not, go listen!
3. Jake showed me this video about instagram last weekend. I could not stop laughing, because it’s so perfect. I am so guilty of some of these things, which I am sure many of you are as well. You’ve got to admit, so true yet so funny.
Just a warning, there are a few bad words around the 2 minute mark
4. I’m loving this article this week. Sometimes I forget that I am still only 22 and need to enjoy every minute of my 20’s. It has also been weird that I will not be going back to school this month. I guess I really am in the "adult world" now. It’s crazy to think that it has been 4 years since I moved into the dorm and started college. Now I am married and moving to a new country.
5. I’ve wanted to try this paleo ravioli recipe this week but haven't gotten around to it. I am always looking for interesting, healthy ideas.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Until next time,